Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Slowly but Surely...

Today my roommate and I went out to lunch to this middle eastern restaurant. It was absolutely delicious. I had blackened grilled chicken wrapped in a thin whole wheat pita with veggies drizzled in a garlic toun sauce. We ordered the same thing with different sides. We also got the fried cauliflower with a tahini based sauce on the side. I was not expecting it to be that good! I will definitely have to go back if I am ever in the area again..

For breakfast I had a bagel with low fat garlic cheese spread and for an afternoon snack I had a handful of almonds and a slice of provolone cheese to hold me over.

For dinner, we are making egg white omelettes with peppers, onions, and mushrooms just to keep it light. Lunch was very filling and dinner will hopefully balance everything out.

My goal, along with losing the weight, is to be conscious of what I'm eating at all times. I am hoping this blog will keep me accountable throughout my weight loss journey. I simply cannot be blind or numb to what I put in my mouth anymore. Food is so much more enjoyable if I take the time to savor and enjoy every guilt free bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment