Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Struggling to Stay Afloat

I am three days into this blog writing experiment and I have already come face to face with a few obstacles.

1. I am a broke college student with a little over a dollar to my name.
2. My schedule isn't flexible enough this semester to allow for cooking time.
3. I am so sick of bagels!

This week I have been trying so hard to just eat something healthy. I usually don't have a problem with this at all! I prefer clean food and am mostly a clean eater when it comes down to it. But when finances are so tight, there is nothing left to chow down but a measly old bagel. I swear, once I am out of this predicament I am running to the store to buy an orange. Because honestly, I miss fruit the most. The other day I had a banana for the first time in 2 weeks and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. You know what they say... TGIF. Payday!

My experiences so far, have put into perspective the challenges that lie ahead. It's not only eating well and exercising that I have to worry about. It's putting in the time and effort to go grocery shopping, planning fiscally responsible menus for the week, working enough to afford my new lifestyle, and so on...

All in all, I have come to the conclusion that this will be my life from now on. Being completely aware of what I put into my mouth and monitoring my actions is the only way I am going to be successful at losing weight and keeping it off. So today, even though I wasn't able to get in my 5 servings of fruits and veggies, I was able to say "Damn, I wish I had an orange"!

2 comments:

  1. Hava a great day,try Cretan oranges,the golden natural juice!
    Regards from Thessaloniki.
    kostas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will.
    I lived in Greece when I was younger so I know the food there is amazing! You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete